Wednesday, September 9

Taking some quiet time for the rest of Ramadan

Dear readers, I think it's time to invest in creating some tranquility and repose. As many of you will know, we've now reached the last ten days of Ramadan, and I feel the need to wind down some of the many activities I'm involved in. That means the blog is on holiday for a couple of weeks. Please carry on reading, but if you post comments, they may not be moderated, or responded to (this includes comments you may already have posted which are un-published as yet). If you need to contact me please do so, but it may take a little while to respond. If it's urgent, please mark it as such and I'll get back to you.

It's a strange feeling to "withdraw" (even though I'm not doing it fully), and in a way slightly scary - after all, what if I "miss out" on some big opportunities? What about 'profile'? Will people lose interest? What about keeping up momentum and being fully engaged?

These are some of the fears which plague us, particularly in our busy modern world. But when we contribute to create the rapid pace (is it really as rapid as we think, or do we like to pretend we are at the centre of the whirlwind and oh-so-in-demand), is the result that we simply get trampled by it?
When everything I do is facing outwards, what is left to nurture what is within and keep the energy overflowing from inside to out? That's why I'll be spending the next two weeks in a quieter, more introspective way. I wonder what will be on the other side.




Image from The Joy of Tech

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Alaoui said...

Wow, I'm totally loving the cartoon, lol.

Eid Mubarak! (early)

6:07 pm  
Blogger Sidrah said...

Stumbled upon ur blog frm Google =)

just reading ur older posts..
I like ur blog! ^^

Happy Eid

*cheers*

3:26 pm  
Blogger Shelina Zahra Janmohamed said...

Thanks for coming by Sidrah. Happy Eid to you as well

5:40 pm  
Anonymous Graham (Exeter) said...

I had a 10-day enforced break from the internet and, really, it wasn't so bad as I thought it'd be. I did things like going for walks, or reading books while wrapped in a duvet. Getting back, and ploughing through 300-odd emails was a bit iffy, though!

Great cartoon lol

10:10 pm  
Blogger Shelina Zahra Janmohamed said...

yes, sadly a period of rest means that there is either frenetic activity just beforehand (usually a mad panic before holidays) or a trawl through piles of emails afterwards.

My consolation is that at least you got a rest in the middle!

4:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home