Saturday, April 14

Happy Birthday to Me!

Friday 13th April is my birthday! So I'm expecting my faithful readership to come good and send me lots of birthday wishes. Another year older, and another year wiser? I think so. I hope so. I love being spoilt for a day (husband was spectacular in his birthday surprises, well done!) and having an excuse just to do nothing but have fun. In fact, after continuous busy-ness (yes, I'm guilty as charged!) I discovered that it is fun to have fun. I discovered meta-fun!

On a different note - about the superstitions of Friday 13th, I find it intriguing that these still abound. I presume it is related to the number of the devil, but is that rooted in Christian or pagan lore? Let me know if you have any ideas. Either way, in our post-modern, 'enlightened' era it still seems to hold water as a superstition people still have niggling at the back of their minds. I wonder why?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A belated Happy Birthday!http

2:56 pm  
Blogger Shelina Zahra Janmohamed said...

Thank you! Thank you!

10:43 am  
Blogger littlefish said...

ditto.
happy (belated) birthday!
hope someone made you a nice cake. :)

10:03 am  
Blogger Shelina Zahra Janmohamed said...

yup, I got delivered a slice of sticky chocolate cake at the stroke of midnight :-)

10:33 pm  
Blogger PeterP said...

Big, if belated, hug for your birthday.

Sorry though to read later of your family bereavement. May his good soul rest in peace and may you all be comforted in your sorrow.

8:15 pm  
Blogger Fuad Ali said...

happy birthday burree!

1:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home