Tuesday, October 24

A super-size Eid

Happy Eid, everyone!

I stood at the shop buying goodies for Eid, and the lady in front of me turned and said "It's your Christmas isn't it?" I grinned broadly at her: "You're not far off!" She replied: "Well, merry Christmas then!"

*

Once again, it's a three day Eid celebration, with the Muslim community celebrating Eid on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I wrote about this last year calling it a "Supersize Eid". (More on that in the next post, and hopefully (for those who get confused and annoyed by this, or simply have no clue about the Islamic calendar system) an explanation of why to the best of my ability, tho' I'm no expert. Today, I had my first daytime cup of coffee in a month, and oh-oh-oh did it feel good. In the meantime, while my littl' ol' tummy adjusts to eating again, I'm off to buy some Eid presents...You're very welcome to send some presents this way too :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger PeterP said...

A whole month without coffee! I tried that once for Lent - the longest forty days of my life, so you are to be congratulated for your strength of will.

Enjoy the feasting and the pressies:)

Peter

11:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home