Sunday, January 27

Kindness in Notting Hill

On Friday as I was trying to complete an urgent errand, a stranger appeared out of nowhere to do me a kindness. She resolved a difficulty for me that was a simple thing for her to do, but saved me from complexity and expense. Such kindnesses are rare, particularly in this hard-hearted city, and so I thanked her as best I could. She shook her head, and turned to walk away and then paused. She grasped my arm and said, well, you could do me a favour... Yes, I will try, I murmured. She whispered, pray that I will go for hajj this year.

Now that, I wasn't expecting at all. So, dear readers, please pray for this lovely lady, for her wish to be fulfilled, and that each of us may one day be a mysterious stranger that brings ease into someone's life.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is really lovely. I'll pray for her as well.

10:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home