Monday, June 1

Hurrah!

Last week, my book Love in a Headscarf won the Best Published Non-Fiction prize at the Muslim Writers Awards. IslamOnline has described this event as the "Muslim Oscars" and it certainly is very glamorous.

I was extremely delighted to win the award, and hopeful that this acknowledgement will bring even more wonderful things in the future. (More awards please!)

Here's a pic of the trophy itself, sunning itself in the garden the following day...
And if you haven't bought a copy of the book yet, you can visit www.loveinaheadscarf.com to find out more, and purchase a copy. Happy reading :D

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Daaniyah said...

Hehehe well done mashAllah

Your book was funny mashAllah

I went through the Bollywoody scene of bringing in the tea- man that was TOO embarrassing.

Anyways, more books please!!

4:06 pm  
Blogger Umm Layth said...

as salamu 'alaykum

Mabrook on the award!

I need to get my hands on your book inshaAllah :))

6:03 pm  
Anonymous Sakina Al-Amin said...

Congrats! I am very happy for you.

6:50 pm  
Blogger Shelina Zahra Janmohamed said...

Thanks everyone! And *inshallah* there will be more books at some point in the future...

9:47 pm  
Anonymous FoziaK said...

Ma sh'Allah, many, many congratualtions, you positively deserve it! I found the book SO funny and pertinent (I grew up as a second generation Asian/Muslimah too), I bought multiple coppies and sent them around the globe to various relatives! Also, you did a great job as MC at the awards, which I watched on Islam Channel.

11:39 am  
Blogger Shelina Zahra Janmohamed said...

Fozia K - glad to hear that you are increasing sales! hehe

10:37 am  
Anonymous Huda said...

Congratulations! You truly deserve this.
I just bought the book yesterday and I'm already at page 150.
The John Travolta line is what prompted me to buy the book. I thought "A book that is both Muslim and funny!?" Never been heard of =p

5:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home