Tuesday, August 29

Da monkey don die?

Overnight flights are not the best way to travel, I reminded myself this morning as we landed at Gatwick at 530am. This was made worse by the fact that I had been nursing a temperature of 103 F for the last two days for some inexplicable reason. So I've been at home today, feeling sorry for myself, and feeling sizzling hot and artically cold in turn.

A full set of photos will be posted up shortly so you can see the raw magnificence of sweet Sierra Leone. However, my macabre sense of intrigue tells me I should share this photo with you. As we drove through the interior we slowed down at one of the locals trying to sell us his wares. For a measly 10,000 Leone (about £2) you can pick up your own dead monkey for decoration or food. We stared at the monkey in shock. Was it really dead? Our taxi driver translated from our BBC English into Creole: "Da monkey don die?"


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm did you buy it then ??

1:55 am  
Blogger Shelina Zahra Janmohamed said...

hmm, no!

8:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home