Friday, November 2

Brass Crescent Awards - Nominations

The Brass Crescent Awards, a joint project of altmuslim and City of Brass, is an annual awards ceremony that honours the best writers and thinkers of the Muslim blogosphere. Nominations are taken from blog readers, who then vote for the winners. They are now in their fourth year and are designed to celebrate Muslim bloggership and to promote its growth.

Now, as you my readers will know, I am nothing if not cheeky. And so, of course, I'd like you to nominate me and then vote for this blog so it can keep being heard out there and building recognition. It will only take about two minutes of your time (promise!). Nominations close on 9th November, so please visit soon!

All you need to do is:
2. Scroll about half way down to the nomination form and fill in "Spirit21" (i mention it just to be sure :P)
3. Select one (or all) of the categories below
4. Click submit and spend the rest of the day with a fuzzy glow knowing you've done A Good Thing

If this blog is shortlisted I'll remind you to vote for the final winners.

Categories that this blog fits into:
BEST BLOG: This category honors the most indispensable, Muslim-authored blog there is. Period
BEST POST OR SERIES: Which single post or group of posts in the Islamsphere was the most original and important, above all the others?
BEST FEMALE BLOG: The woman's voice in Islam is equal to the man's, and in the Islamsphere we seek to make sure the female perspective is highlighted and given its rightful due. Which Muslim woman's blog has done the most to explore the role that women play within Islam and society?
BEST WRITER: Who is the most stimulating, insightful, and philosophically wise among us? This category is intended to highlight a blogger who may not post daily, but when they do post, they really make an impact.
MOST DESERVING OF WIDER RECOGNITION: Which blog is a true diamond in the rough, one that everyone should be reading but who most just haven't heard of (yet)?

5 Comments:

Blogger PeterP said...

I'll vote for you if you vote for 'Baghdad Burning' :-)

P.

12:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I nominated you for a few catagories Shelina. I would also recommend:

http://theislamicist.wordpress.com/

So funny.

1:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salaam,

I nominated you. And it would be nice if you nominate my blog in return.

Talk about cheeky. =P

Wassalam

6:33 pm  
Blogger Bilal said...

I'll vote for you if you vote for 'BilalsBlog' in return:)

11:39 am  
Blogger KiKi said...

I just started reading this blog today, but already I love it. I will vote for you.

3:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home