Tuesday, February 6

Comedy Subtitling

Subtitling these days on telly has gone a bit loopy. A middle eastern man on a Channel 4 documentary was given subtitles to help with his Arabic twang, even though he was entirely comprehensible. On the other hand, I stared uncomprehendingly as a Glaswegian woman on a make-over show talked at sixteen to the dozen with no textual assistance. Perhaps it's where you're from rather than your proximity to the broad cross section of widely understood English accents and language that makes the difference?

Anyhow, I find the whole thing both humorous and perplexing. If you are as tickled as I was by the erratic use of subtitling, you'll enjoy this.






Or see the video here

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger fishbamira said...

Loved it! :-DI

12:30 am  
Blogger Mindscriber said...

Shelina - that was funny I even showed it to my work colleagues in the BBC Newsroom - boy did it go down so well.

1:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home